I began my run this evening with every intention of crushing my run. Whether it was my time or my distance, I wanted to see improvement somewhere. I started Nike+ Run, tucked my phone into the arm sleeve, and waited for the nine second countdown. When Nike said, "Beginning workout" I took off. After I passed what I knew was mile 2 it occurred to me that I haven't heard from Nike since the start. So, I awkwardly pull my phone from the sleeve to see that Nike didn't start my run. At first I was mad, but after I had gotten my phone into the sleeve again (seriously, I have a love-hate relationship with my sleeve), I thought about how free I felt from worrying about crushing some personal best or another. I found myself feeling liberated and enjoying the run on a mentally cleansing level. It was so cold outside but I could feel my runners-high rushing through my veins and warming my soul. After I sprinted to what I knew was the four mile mark, I walked home feeling light as a feather. I have no idea if I destroyed my run time but I am happy with my run, regardless.
Anyone have a faulty app or awkwardly irritating run gear to bash?
Jessi
I think this was probably a blessing in disguise for you my love. Some times it's good to just get out there and run, stress and worry free from time records and things of that nature.
ReplyDeleteI agree.
Delete