Running Blog Gadsden

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Chilly Jog

 Team Work


My husband and I have never had the opportunity to run together with just he and I. There was a time in Orlando when we jogged together with our children in jog strollers, but that was a little stressful. There will come a time in our lives when we will be able to run together, but for now we wait on each other to return from a jog before the other steps off.

 Quaint Gadsden


We live on the outskirts of downtown Gadsden, so many of the houses are historical and manorly. The neighborhood is so beautiful to run through, it is nearly impossible to not wonder upon the history and the stories within this quaint town. I was chilled to the bone this morning as I stepped off on my run this morning, but I was thoroughly warmed through by the time I finished my first mile in 7:49. 10 Years Radio on Pandora accompanied me around my 1.04 mile loop; along with my panging shins, I might add. According to my Nike Run app, I finished 4.07 miles averaging 8:08 a mile. As I started my walk home I took the time to appreciate the euphoria I felt from the adrenaline rush, and I thought about how I could have easily done another mile or two if I had wanted. Since I am preparing myself physically and mentally for the Pumpkin Run on Saturday, I wanted to take it easy and prevent an injury.

As I walked home my family greeted me on the porch, with my two year old excited to see me, and my 7 month old kicking with happiness as I relieved my husband of her. It was a great morning! How was your run today?

 



1 comment:

  1. My run yesterday was pretty awesome as well!. Although I am not running nearly as fast as you, I am steadily knocking seconds off of my average pace with every run. One day I will be crushing my runs just like you!

    ReplyDelete