Running Blog Gadsden

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Pace Your Problem Tuesday

Happy Halloween

The loop I run around in my neighborhood is slightly more than one mile. I was running past my house after lap one, and I glanced over to my porch and front yard. It felt like slow motion as I watched the hanging ghoul in the yard sway with the wind. It was almost as if he was silently screaming at the squirrels going about their nutty business in the yard. It made me think about my current situation at home.

The Terror

My two year old is currently potty training. She has it all figured out except for the cleaning herself part. It is that awkward stage in every two year old's life where they are done with diapers and pull-ups but still can't wipe their own behind. This is the problem that I paced this morning as I ran my four miles. By the time I got to the end of my run I concluded with myself that this is one of those really "crappy" situations where I have to let her figure it out on her own. Of course I will be there for her and help her go through the motions, but I must stand back at some point and let her be more independent. Yes, she will have her tantrums and emotional set-backs, but in this I think she will learn a valuable lesson. Otherwise, my terror of a two year old will never gain her independence and I will still be folding her laundry in fifteen years.

Pace Your Problem

What is causing you stress? Anything that a good run can fix?

No comments:

Post a Comment