Running Blog Gadsden

Monday, October 22, 2018

Registered For The Race

Pumpkin Run Registered

I just finished registering for The Great Pumpkin Run 5K in Gadsden, AL, and I just had to share the news. I don't think Saturday can get here soon enough, or I might burst with the excitement I feel. I have been running since I can remember, and I have even run with large groups in formation running during my Army days.



Brief AutoBio

I have mentioned before that I grew up running. Impressive was never a word used to describe my efforts at running, at least, not until I was stationed in the 82nd Airborne Division at Ft. Bragg. By the time I arrived to my duty station in the 82nd, all the training I had received had whipped me into the best shape of my life. Man, it kills me to admit it, though. Back in those days I was running a 14:19 two mile, 30-40 push-ups, and cranking out 90-100 sit-ups on my PT tests.. These days I am five children and 15 lbs up from where I was back then. While I do not regret having children and marrying my love, Jeff, I really do miss feeling amazing in my own body.

I am not here to shame myself or anyone else; however, I am here to encourage and motivate and share!! I will always love running and I enjoy hearing about other's experiences with running. I will be hitting the road tomorrow morning, and I will share my thoughts, run time, distance, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment