Running Blog Gadsden

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Throwback Run Thursday

Time Honored Tradition

Today I want to throwback on my old unit, HQ 82nd DSTB. This unit has changed a lot since my time in the service, but one thing that will always remain the same is the higher standards for running. I will never forget the old saying, "No walking on Ardennes." Not just because it was a saying, but because it was for real. You are not permitted to walk on Ardennes, especially not during the morning hours allotted for PT. So this post is for my battle buddies and brothers and sisters that served with me, and all the armed forces for their sacrifices and their traditions that mean something to them. 

All The Way!

I would love to hear a throwback about your run experiences and run companions.

2 comments:

  1. Well, seeing as how we met on Fort Bragg you know that I know all about that! I do miss running in the Army, I wasnt always good but the Army made me better. I will always remeber how good it felt once I actually got good at running, to run with my battle buddies in formation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those days. And you have always been good at running. Back in those days you could run 12 miles with no problems. You will get back to that someday soon.

    ReplyDelete